Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Cannon EOS 350 D I have removed the memory card to format

Cannon EOS 350 D
I have removed the memory card to format it and the eject button is stuck in the down position? Any ideas gratefully received Simon
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, is the issue getting the card out or putting it in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, The memory card is out so the problem is to re-insert it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Simon.
Check in the slot, do you see anything at all blocking it? If you insert tweezers are you able to pull anything out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing blocking that I can see. I can pull out eject button but it does not seem to have any resistance to it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks Simon
It confirms the problem as the internal release level on the eject has broken.
it will also be blocking the slot from the card entering. The problem is its not an easy thing to fix as its not a part as such and actually requires a new camera casing.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.