Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon pixma MG3250 printer flashes error and indicates .

Customer Question

Canon pixma MG3250 printer
flashes error and indicates B. Is this shortage of ink? Please help two elderly not very clued up customers! Printer is excellent.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Usually this is the roller.
Press the maintenance button on the printer repeatedly until the LED displays “b”. Now press the black or colour copy button to run the first cleaning phase of the paper feed roller.
Once the paper feed roller has stopped rotating, place three sheets of plain paper in to the paper tray. Make sure “b” is still showing on the LED and press the black or colour copy button.
Once the cleaning routine has finished, press the stop / reset button to return to stand by mode.
Tell me if it then prints.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot get b on the screen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then we will need to do the following
Remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power again, turn on the printer and tell me if you still get the error please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change! Below the screen there are two small lights marked C and B. This is the light which is showing orange BandI the thing I amtrying to find the meaning of.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I want to ensure the ink cartridge has not faulted.
can you replace them and tell me please if you still get the error.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We do not have any replacement cartridges in the house but we have done a fair amount of printing with these original ones so I think it highly likely that is the problem. thanks for your help. why the setting up leaflet which comes with the printer cant also tell you the meaning of the warning lights I really don't know.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It looks to be related to the cartrisges so likely resolved when replaced.
I have though marked this question to never close, so if you have any further issues at all, do not hesitate to let me know here, that is no problem.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.