Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Panasonic Pro Ag-DVC15E PAL camcorder purchased secondhand

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Pro Ag-DVC15E PAL camcorder purchased secondhand a few months ago. Its in very condition, apart from a loose firewire connector which looks like it could be easily fixed. I have used it once to film a Wedding and some close-up filming. It performed perfectly in both record and playback modes. However, when recently I charged up a battery to check it, it simply won`t switch on. There are no signs of life at all. To double check, I charged a second brand new battery but no joy. I don`t own an original Panasonic
mains adaptor/charger but do have a seemingly reliable third party charger which displayed that both batteries were fully charged. The camcorder has been very carefully handled at all times never dropped. Can you please advise me what could be the cause?
Regards,
Patrick
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Did you try a second charger or only that one third party adapter?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

Your help is greatly appreciated. I have only the one third party charger, which I bought recently. It think it is charging the batteries properly bacause, although the Panasonic batteries have very tightly covered terminals, I have part of an old Panasonic charger into which I connected a `charged` battery. I was then able to confirm by connecting a meter that the battery was fully charged.

The problem actually began after I flicked the switch to open the cassette compartment in order to insert a tape to play back. Nothing happened. I`m wondering if I perhaps flicked it too suddenly and caused a short somewhere. Prior to this, the camcorder was working perfectly.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You could have a damaged board but to find out you would need to try a second charger. Even though it looks like it is working properly we can not know for sure without trying another.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you recommend a reliable brand of charger?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That actually should not matter a generic third party charger should be fine even the same model you already have. We just want to rule the one you currently have out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thank you. I`ll look for one.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, let me know the results when you can.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will do.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok please do not reply until then this site forces me to be the last to reply on the page.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, will do. Thank you again for your valuable help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please do not reply until then this site forces me to be the last to reply on the page.
.