RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Have a canon poweshot A470 when take picture the picture comes

Customer Question

have a canon poweshot A470 when take picture the picture comes up all white on the camera screen what can I do
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

Reset the camera to the default settings using the instructions below.

Press Menu
Use the left / right arrows to select the setup tab (the wrench & hammer)
Use the down / up arrows to select Reset ALL
Press the Function/Set button
Use the left / right arrows to select OK
Press the Function/Set button
Allow the process to complete.

If the reset does not restore normal operation then, unfortunately, the symptoms indicate that there is a problem with the ccd (the light sensitive chip that produces the image)or the connection to it, Canon repair is really the only option and while your camera was not on the list of cameras Canon's on free repair program, the information at the links below do explain this progressive problem and tells how Canon handled it. I am sorry to say that Canon Europe stopped acknowledging this issue over 2 years before the US.. You are now the 6th person in a three month period, with a Canon digital camera that I have advised of this problem. Click on or copy and paste the link into your browser

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024801e74fe

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good my camera can not be fixed

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, no, but, just about any name brand camera, on the market, for under £65.00, will far outperform this older unit. In addition, if you are really attached to this specific model, you can find a used or sometimes refurbished one on online auction sites for around £20.00 or less.