Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Have a DC 310 camcorder. Have not used it while and now

Have a DC 310 camcorder. Have not used it for a while and now I can't get it open to change disc. Have done all the things they suggest in the manual with no luck. Any suggestions please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to open it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just makes a noise as if it is trying to open.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jenny
There are two causes for this, either residue power or the drive motor is failing and wont work under load. You removed the batteries which rules out residue power and confirms the drive motor as the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camcorder to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is out of warranty, so would it be worth having it mended?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No Jenny, in my experience, you will get another year out of it doe 3/4 the price of a new one when you are best to just purchase a new one.