hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

I have a cannon MX715 and suddenly I have a message on the

Customer Question

I have a cannon MX715 and suddenly I have a message on the display
" THE TYPE OF PRINT HEAD IS INCORRECT" with an error code U502
I have no idea where the print head is let alone have changed it..I need this resolved urgently..can you help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.

I am Himadri..

If you get this error message "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head." then follow the steps below to remove the print head and reseat it and let me know.

Remove the Ink Tanks

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the paper output tray.

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

N.B.: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

graphic

Removing the Print Head

1. Raise the print head lock lever.

2. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

View Full Image

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

View Full Image

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said in the question I HAVE NOT CHANGED THE PRINT HEAD the one in the machine is the origional, it was printing fine this morning and then I got the error message

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
The print head is defective and the printer cannot detect the print head.Replacing the print head will resolve the issue.If the printer is less than one year old then the print head will be replaced free of cost from Canon.
one more solution before replacing the print head.Please remove the print head and then clean the copper contacts on it with a cotton swab dampened in distilled water and after drying try to use the print head if the problem persist then replace the print head.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will give that a try standby for my avise

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried that butb to no effect, I will order anew print head and try that..thanks for your help

Colin Benson

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trying Just answer..