Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

When switched on the green light flashes continuously and the

Customer Question

When switched on the green light flashes continuously and the message lens error will shut down automatically restart camera. The lens is stuck partially open
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Some would say to push the lens gently in. This could damage it, and should not be done as a first, but rather as a last resort.Try removing the batteries overnight. Then put them back in, and try the camera again.Also try putting the edge of a piece of paper into the crack between the lens assembly and the camera body, and move it around a bit, then pull it out again, and try turning On the camera again.How old is the camera? measured from date of purchase.Has it ever been used in above-95-F. temperatures, or below-freezing?Has it ever been dropped or otherwise mechanically shocked?Has it ever gotten wet or damp or subjected to humidity above about 85 % ?How old is the camera?