hsroy79
hsroy79, Other
Experience:  Camra Technician
34714361

Are you able to answer printer questions? I have a Canon MP150

Are you able to answer printer questions?
I have a Canon MP150 printer connected to an Acer laptop with appropriate driver. There are 3 warning lights on the printer:-
1 - A triangle hazard type triangle
2 - 'B'
3 - 'C'
When I send a doc for printing, the 'C' light comes on but doc will not print. The MP150 printer/scanner copies from the scanner and prints from my main computer without a problem. What does the 'C' lamp mean?
PS the laptop indicates that the printer is OFFLINE but it is definitely connected by the USB cable.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
I am Himadri..
'C' light is Black/Color Ink Lamp
Lights or flashes to show the ink status.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your information but why does the laptop say that the printer is off-line?

Also why does the printer copy quite satisfactorily with no indication of low ink but not print at all from the laptop? i.e. it does not run paper through or try to print in any way.

Lamp C seems to be ON all the time. How do I know if it needs black or colour ink?

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
Please go to “Setting” and then “Printer”. Then “Printers”, right click on the Canon PIXMA MP150 and then select “Use Printer Online”. If it does not work, then go to step 2.
2: double click on the printer, go to the “Printer Menu” and select “Cancel All Documents”. There may be document that stuck the printing process and makes the printer go offline. Set the printer back online and do a test printing and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already selected the MP150 as the on line printer and double checked this.

I have also cleared the print queue and tried a test print and retried the doc printing.

The printer window on the laptop still says that the printer is 'OFF-LINE' but I can see that it is physically connected and switched ON. Is there a print control function on the printer i.e. something to tell it to read the laptop data via the UPS cable....

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
You can just go to “Setting”, then “Printers” and select it. Right click it and choose “Properties”, look for the driver button in “General” or “Details Tab” and select it and choose the driver again. If even this can not solve the problem, then you should try to reinstall your printer.
If not work then delete the Canon PIXMA MP150 and reinstall it through the “Add printer” wizard. Remember to use the latest printer driver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have reloaded the printer software but the screen warns me that the printer port has not been detected. I removed the existing cable and have tried a new cable but the result is the same.

The problem seems to be that the laptop is not seeing the printer and vice versa. Could it be a problem with the USB port? Is there a any way to check this?

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the problem seems to be with your Laptop USB Port.
do you have any other computer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My other computer is the old desktop which works with the printer fine.

Expert:  hsroy79 replied 2 years ago.
Ok. That's mean the problem seems to be with your Laptop usb port that's
why you are facing this type of problem.