Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

New Canon Pixma MG5650 printer. In the first part of the setup

New Canon Pixma MG5650 printer. In the first part of the setup (before inserting the CD ROM in my PC) there is a problem with printing the print head alignment page. While the printer sounds to be printing the pattern, the page always comes out completely blank. Likewise, having done the CD ROM setup to connect the printer to my wireless network and PC, I tried to print a 5-page document. Again, the printer sounded to be printing, and 5 pages came out of the out tray. But they were all completely blank. This sounds like a physical problem with the printer, perhaps the position of the print head. Can you help? Thanks, Laurence (London)
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is a physical problem with the printer, not the computer.
First, to remove residue power as the cause of this, can you remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and turn on the printer and run a test print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have turned the power off, and then on again, and tried to print using auto align. Result = blank page again. Ditto when I tried copying a document using color option.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you do a clean of the nozzles please Laurence.
Please follow the video on my link below to do this
Click me to open
Once done, tell me please if it now prints.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about the delay, my printer was stuck in a software download.. I have performed the Clean Nozzle function. Result = blank page again, the the message in the monitor was that the nozzle is not clogged.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the print head then that has faulted. We have riled all other causes out for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.