Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon PowerShot A530 1battery spring broken off

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I don't think you'll find any easy way to repair it, short of disassembling the camera (which often requires specialized tools to some extent) and replacing that part of the camera and/or soldering on a new battery terminal (or 'spring'.) Would you like to pursue self-repair? if so you will need small or jeweler's screwdrivers and a soldering iron and capability with both, at very minimum. If you would like to pursue having the camera fixed by Canon servicing, that can be done, but it may cost more than the price of an equivalent replacement camera, it's fair to caution you in advance. Let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your reply not much i can do thanks for your time this was the 4th email saying you had an answer the other 3 asked me to ask a question so i sent a letter of complaint but now this 4th email has turned up thanks ken

I hope my answer was satisfactory enough, once you saw it. If you would like me to make another attempt to answer your question, or to clear up any point on your options for repair-or-replacement of the camera, please let me know. You will not be charged anything additional for further attempts to answer your question on my part... and I will not be paid myself for this case until I bring the case to a close as far as you are concerned. So I'd like to try to help.