Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Canon EOS D30. After taking three or four pictures my battery

Canon EOS D30. After taking three or four pictures my battery indicator shows battery empty and I cannot do anything with it until I remove then replace the same battery. It will then work OK for another four or five pictures. I have replaced the 3volt button battery with no result.
John Todd
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Can you double check the battery? It should not be a 3v battery.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What should it be?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should be a 7.4v battery pack, you can get one here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2000mAh-Battery-PowerShot-Suitable-Replacement/dp/B006LXJ7SG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1436535336&sr=1-2&keywords=BP511

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have two 7 volt batteries fully charged and they remain so throughout the problemm. The button battery is a 3 volt (3.3 according to my digital volt meter. I think you are confusing thetwo
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The button battery is a cmos battery and would not stop the camera from turning on and would not have anything to do with the battery indicator. Only the 7.4v battery does that. You may want to test them with a multimeter and test the charger as well as it could be bad.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both show over eight volts, however, one continues to work OK while the other dies so I will buy a new one thank you
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.