Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MP272 printer. I fill the paper feed with

I have a Canon Pixma MP272 printer. I fill the paper feed with paper but the printer does not pull the paper through and a sign comes up on the screen saying the paper feed is empty supply more paper. There is an indicater on the machine also lights up, the triangle with the bro***** *****ne in the middle. Just under the on off switch. Am I doing something wrong or can I rectify it.
Thanks Alan Massey
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then power on the printer and tell me if the paper now feeds through.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have switched the power off for ten minutes then powered on the printer but it still does not feed through.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan
Can you take the paper out and flick it through your fingers to make sure none of the pages are sticking to each other and that they are able to separate easily.
Then put the paper back in the printer and tell me if it now prints correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Yes I have done that but it still does not work. I have reduced the paper to one sheet and tried that but it still does not work. The ***** *****ght under the triangle is now not a constant light but changed to a flashing light in groups of three together with the on off switch. The number display panel flashes 0 then 3 then P in rotation.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that means the front tray is closed, to be sure Alan, it is fully open?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

The tray appears fully open with no obstructions. I have opened and closed the front tray a number of times just to make sure but to no avail. Also since the lights have been flashing when I press the print button nothing happens whereas before when the triangle light was constant when I pressed the print button the light went out and it sounded as if it was about to print but at the last minute it came up with the sign about no paper..

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted then Alan.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Thank you for your help you obviously tried your best. I feel I cannot give you a good rating because it was not solved but I do not want to give you a bad rating because you tried your best so I won't give you any at all. I am quite willing to pay the £13 as I think you earned it

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok.., but I can only go through all the possibilities you have Alan and confirm the problem which I did. If you do not rate then I receive no compensation at all(so receive no payment at all), and its for my service you are rating as of course not everything can be fixed here online. If you do not wish for me to receive any compensation for the time and effort I spent with you on this, then you do not need to rate... Thanks Richard