Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Camera ( Nikon 3100) fell out of the car and the lens (

My Camera ( Nikon 3100) fell out of the car and the lens ( AFS NIKKOR 18-55) came off and the plastic mounting thread is damaged. It won't fit now. Is this repairable and at approximately what price ?
Mervyn Banting
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this is part of the housing so the entire housing would need to be replaced.
Its going to set you back about 100 pounds, which is going to exceed the value of a new one you can get here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00729YXP0/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all
For a lot less. As the warranty will be voided with this repair, I would advise on purchasing a replacement camera.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.