Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon 70 - 200 f4 lens and the focusing ring does

i have a canon 70 - 200 f4 lens and the focusing ring does not operate in auto or manual have you experienced these symptons as i am told it is a commomn fault
do you have any idea of the cost of repair
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
I have seen it before as I deal with these problems all day, but it is not really a common problem in terms of issues that occur. The problem is slips internally. Canon will charge about 180 to have it repaired and it has to be sent directly to them.
You will need to locate a repair center closes to you and can do so via my link below
http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/repair.aspx
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.