Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I have a Canon EOS 500D. When in Auto mode the flash pops

I have a Canon EOS 500D. When in Auto mode (and only Auto mode) the flash pops up even when the light is bright. Is there a problem with the sensors or the flash and how do I fix it?

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

If you're sure all the settings are right then it would be either a failed component in the flash circuitry or it needs to be re-calibrated.

This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. You may want to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area, or, if you need assistance finding a shop, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feared as much! Please could you suggest a camera repair shop near to me in Maidstone Kent. Thanks Roger

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the sofware needed but here's a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help you.

http://www.acecam.com/srindex.html