Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I just bought a bell and howell WP10 splash camera, I can

HI
I just bought a bell and howell WP10 splash camera, I can not make head nor tails of the instructions. can you help, I want to set the camera to auto flash, when I press the flash button icon on it says force flash off, can you help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. There are three flash modes on this camera; If one Flash Mode setting is called 'Force Flash', then choose that one. And, you need to set anything that says 'Force Flash', to On, in the camera's setup or settings or options. If you need specifics, of where to look in the camera's settings, let me know in Reply, and I will research that specific information in detail. Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Russell

Thank you for your reply, I have tried everything on the menu with no luck, the settings are

date time

auto power off

beep sound

date stamp

format

default settings

version

I can not find flash anywhere, when I press the flash button it says

force flash off

but there is no indication as to how I get it to force flash on

Bell and Howell is unlike many companies in not putting manuals online on their website, it seems. At any rate, manual documentation for the WP model series with three flash modes was not available there on a search. Elsewhere, a similar model (the WP5) has...no findable manual. Bad sites, etc. etc., prevent me from getting the information you require. I apologize, and must give up this case with regret - in case another Expert here knows what is wrong with your camera, or how to change its flash settings, etc. Try one thing!: TheDefault Settingsoption. That may do the Factory Reset (as it is usually called in more mainstream digital cameras). And that might doubtfully get the camera's flash working properly again. Let me know whether that works, or not. I may find further advice to offer for this case.