Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon powershot sx60hs.The shutter button will not function

Customer Question

canon powershot sx60hs.The shutter button will not function and a message appears showing lens error will shut down auto matically.
Regards Peter
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Do you have another lens you can test with?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No its a built in lens

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I must have misread the model number then. On models with a removable lens the first thing you want to do is test another. Is the lens stuck extended? Your problem is caused by the lens itself and until it is fixed the camera will not work.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the lens is fully retracted

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not good. If it was stuck extended it could have been off center. That is not possible if it is fully retracted. Do you happen to have any canned air duster?
.