RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have a problem with a casio exilim pro505 digital

Customer Question

Hello I have a problem with a casio exilim pro505 digital camera. This worked fine and can still take a picture and store it on its small internal memory.However when an SD card is inserted the camera turns itself off and is effectively dead. Remove the SD card and all is well again Ive tried muliple SD cards and the same thing keeps happening.Any help gratefully received! thank you Kim
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Hi, The Casio Exilim Pro505 model camera is not compatable with SDHC (4gb and up) cards. While the camera was sold in 2005 it was made in 2004 and the file structure set up for SDHC cards were not standard until 2007. While the card may fit in the cameras SD slot the 4gb or larger cards will not operate correctly with this unit and tends to confuse the camera's operating system. You must use an SD card the is 2gb or less. If you are receiving the same result with an old original card that is within thecapacity limit, then, that card has most likely failed or has become corrupted. You can still purchase 2gb cards locally at Walmart and at the Amazon links below http://www.walmart.com/ip/V7-2GB-SD-Card-Secure-Digital-2-GB-Memory-Card/15172567http://www.walmart.com/ip/PNY-2GB-Premium-Secure-Digital-Memory-Card/11078643http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SD2GB-2GB-SD-Card/dp/B000YH5FOK Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well. If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.