Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Does the filter adaptor/lenshood G3X camera allow me

Customer Question

Does the filter adaptor/lenshood for the G3X camera allow me to mount a filter on the lens WITHOUT the lens hood?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That depends upon what (exactly) maker and model of filter-and-lens-hood you have. If the thread size is wrong for all other purposes and applications, then obviously the filter would have to be mounted in the lens hood, I think. But you might be able to find *another* adapter, that allows filter to be mounted without lens hood... were it not for some factors, e.g. that the filter is actually supposed to be wider than the lens to prevent vignetting at very wide-angle shot settings, to prevent light at margins from entering you know. See this page for an intelligent discussion of just exactly your question:http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3883262