Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Can I reduce the minimum focusing distance without affecting

Customer Question

Can I reduce the minimum focusing distance without affecting image quality on the canon ef 135 f2 L and on the ef 24-70 f2.8L ii?

Obviously I'm aware that every method reduces the image quality by some margin, I just mean is there a way I can get the nearest distance possible with the least deterioration to image quality possible?

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I'm not sure from your account, as to what camera body you are using with the lenses you have mentioned. But, in general terms, the ideal thing for really close closeup photography, is called (on Canon cameras) 'Macro Mode'. Put the camera into Macro Mode, and closeups on the order of inches are possible without much image deterioration, in static photograph settings such as photographing jewelry for instance.