RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

CanonSX10is. Camera works except display only shows when in

CanonSX10is. Camera works except display only shows when in C position?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Try a Soft Reset first using the first attached instructions. This will revert all of the user settings back to the way the camera was before any settings were changed and the display is using the default setting. If this does not give you consistent operation, there is one more thing to try before a hardware repair (LCD replacement). A Hard Reset will re-initialize the camera and restore all parameters to the original factory settings (including the date & time) allowing every aspect of the camera's operating system to start up like the first time out of the box. (It will not delete any stored photos or videos). Please see the second set of attached instructionsRemove the main batteries, the memory card and the Time/Date battery (shown below). Press the power switch once and allow the camera to sit idle for 10 minutes. Press the power switch once again, insert the Time/Date battery and main battery, and the memory card and power the camera up. You will need to reset the time and date and any other custom settings.Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Second set of instructions