Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

The memory card will not insert properly in my Eos 700D - it

The memory card will not insert properly in my Eos 700D - it just pops up and will not stay inserted, it seems the spring is not working. Please can you advise me, I need to use my camera tomorrow
thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
One trick to get this to work, use the end of a paperclip and push it down hard, can you get it to stay in then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried using something similar to a paper clip, but the spring won't engage and the card keeps popping up. I tried holding the card down with the paper clip equivalent while I shut the top, but it was not fooled and the camera said there was no card inserted

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, blow really hard into it to try to clean out anything that can be interfering with the clip.
Turn it over and tap down on it to also try to jolt anything out, then try again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that but still cannot get the memory card to insert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal clip in the housing that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to it dismantled and this clip replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the repair will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.