RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Canon 7d shutter stays shut in AV,TV,P,M,and modes

Customer Question

Canon 7d shutter stays shut in AV,TV,P,M,and B modes,I can use the Auto ,Ca, and C1 C2 C3 modes shutter works ok in them

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Try a hard reset on the camera by removing the main battery, memory card, and the date battery using the information on page 235 of the manual. Once these have been removed, turn the camera to "ON" and allow it to sit for ten minutes. Turn the camera to "OFF", reinstall both batteries and the memory card and try it out. Please let me know the result. If you do not have the manual handy you can download a PDF copy at the link below. Copy and paste the link into your browser http://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/14506.pdf Please let me know the result. Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well. If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rustting. I have tried that and the shutter still stays down I'm afraid,is it possible I can contact you again tomorrow as the time here is 11:20 pm.

Albert

PS as an after thought I will leave the batteries and card out overnight..

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. Sounds good, I'll be around.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.