RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Using windows10. Unable to download images from my epl-5.(new

Customer Question

Using windows10. Unable to download images from my epl-5.(new laptop) Have downloaded Captur and Image3 .Camera not being recognised.What can I do. Thank you
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Because the OS Windows 10 upgrade is brand new, no one has figured out a fix yet for it's inability to connect to anything other than the most basic stuff, therefor, the fastest an easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do is get an inexpensive USB memory card reader. You can take your memory card from the camera and plug it into the computer. The card will show up as a removable drive in "This PC" and you can copy the photo files to a folder on your hard drive and view and transfer them from the card into any compatible camera software. Personally, I prefer this method due to the simplicity and reduced wear and tear on the camera. It is my experience that with the level of cooperation between them, it will take weeks for camera companies (Olympus included) and Microsoft come up with any reasonable solutions for direct camera to computer connectivity. If you require additional information, please use the Reply to EXPERT to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has at least provided a usable alternative, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you