michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My new Canon printer MG5650 will not talk to my Router

Customer Question

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted. let me know the operating system you have on the computer on which you want the printer to be working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 BUT I also will want to connect my iPad to the printer

once the printer is configured to the router you can connect any number of wifi devices to print.
do you have the usb cable we would need it temporarily to configure the wifi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you.

Can you talk me through the connection process?

sure i can do you have the printers disk handy?
do you have the usb cable for the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have disc ready & can use USB cable from my other Canon printer

do not connect the usb cable now to the computer and printer.Power on the printer and insert the disk and start the install program.
you will be given a choice or installation usb or wifi select wifi and let the installation start and finish let me know if you face any problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Disc inserted

it will autoplay wait for the program to popup.
did it start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I sign off from you AND do I choose USB or WiFi ?

no dont sign off if you do we will be disconnected.
click on start select computer you will see dvd double click on it and run setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK but I still have you on screen & nothing has happened after inserting the disc

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionIf you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Setup is proceeding and I've selected USB setup but not connected the lead

you want the printer to be usb or wireless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wireless

then why did you select usb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but you asked if I had cable !!

please rerun the setup and select wifi and when you will be prompted by the computer to connect the usb cable then you have to connect and continue the installation.
Uninstall the installed driver from the add remove programs in the control panel, restart the computer and then rerun the installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

let me know if there is any problem.
following the steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Printer could not be found on the list

it seems we are missing on some steps during installation There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolutionif you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you would like me to emote connect and install the printer for you