Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Cannon Sure shot 105u Ser. No.(###) ###-####When we load the battery

Cannon Sure shot 105u Ser. No.(###) ###-####When we load the battery into the camera,
the correct notation appears in the display window. when the camera is switched off
the display remains visible thus resulting in loss of battery duration, requiring frequent
replacement. Is this problem too expensive to repair?.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
To clarify, you mean even when the cameras is turned off., the screen remains on?
Is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes to disconnect the display the battery has to be removed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When you remove the battery, if you put it back in, does the screen instantly come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youRemove the battery and hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds, then release.Then connect the battery again and turn it on and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same thing occurs dis play is showing low batt. and the frame No.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal memory that has faulted and it is not processing commands correctly, mainly to power off the screen. This is a hardware fault and I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the camera to have the mainboard (where the memory sits on) replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AS this camera is of some age being out of warranty The replacement cost may be too much?.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, I would not try, cheaper and in the long term much better to purchase a replacement or just take the battery out when you stop using this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcomeLet me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating via the stars at the top.Thank you