Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My camera is a Canon Powershot A5901s bought 7th October

Customer Question

my camera is a Canon Powershot A5901s bought 7th October 2008. It has served me well but now the screen is divided, 3/4 a picture and a 1/4 of part of the picture
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you as the first step remove the battery and then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Then put the battery back in, turn it on and tell me if the screen now displays correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have removed the battery,s, held the shutter button down for 60 seconds .and then I put new batteries in and I was back to square one . Do you think my camera needs some attention

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the actual screen that has failed Mrs E, we have confirmed this now.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have the screen replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.