Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Canon eos550D. Autofocus has stopped focussing and when set

Canon eos550D. Autofocus has stopped focussing and when set to manual focus, the focusing ring won't turn. Also I cannot remove the lens to check contacts. the release button can be pressed but the lens turns a fraction only. Is there some way of removing the lens or some setting that will allow autofocus?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today. The problem is more likely in the lens you are using rather than the camera body as a fault in the body won't interfere with the focus ring. only a jam in the focus mechanism of the lens will cause this. This really isn’t a user serviceable problem and should be repaired by a qualified technician. You may want to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area,or, if you need assistance finding a shop, please let me know and I'll locate one for you. Please provide a so that I may be credited for my efforts. If I can be of further assistance, please ask rather than leave a negative response. Thank You Rick