Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

MY CANON EOS450D WILL SUDDENLY NOT FOCUS OR SHUTTER WILL NOT

MY CANON EOS450D WILL SUDDENLY NOT FOCUS OR SHUTTER WILL NOT WORK
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Then put the battery back in, turn it on and tell me if the focus now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. No change. focus not working still

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Does it now take pictures though Alan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted causing the firmware to crash
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that. I can't understand how 2 cameras can have the same fault, one of which is brand new!

What is corrupted firmware.? I think there may be a firm selling faulty cameras. have you comw across this before?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Firmware is the operating system, so like windows but for the camera (its own customer on).
2 cameras is suspicious and usually this is a sign they are selling refurbished cameras which tend to break down quick quickly.
But I see this problem a lot with Cameras here Alan, its not an uncommon fault.
Feel free to ask if you would like any further information please
-Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Thanks for all that. I'll return the camera. Regards

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.