Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a CANON HV20 Video Camcorder. Although the camera works

Customer Question

I have a CANON HV20 Video Camcorder. Although the camera works the control mechanism through the flip screen is faulty and will not play back the contents of the internal hard drive.
I have had this camera with Canon in Singapore. They do not have spares.Other Canon Repair centres cannot repair this model (I presume for the same reason).
There are images on its internal hard drive which I want to copy off. How can I do this?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. You should be able to transfer the video to the computer using FireWire the same way as before if you ever have before. What happens exactly when you try to play back?