Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon iP 4850 printer is not working - it is alternatingly

My Canon iP 4850 printer is not working - it is alternatingly flashing green then amber below - .At one time In had a message indicating error 6000 (but it disappeared shortly afterwards.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, please remove the power to the printer by disconnecting it from the power plug
Wait 10 minutes
Then connect it again to power and tell me if it now turns on and functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ten minutes gone - short time of green light flashing but then it has returned to alternating green and amber.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ThanksIt is the internal mainboard that has faulted.A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you