*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I am trying to set my new printerit says support code 2500.

Customer Question

i am trying to set my new printer
it says support code 2500. what do I do please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
2500 - Orange light blinking 11 timesDescription:Automatic print head alignment failed.Resolution:Press the [Resume/Cancel] button on the device to clear the error.Perform the automatic print head alignment process. 2500 - Orange light blinking 11 timesDescription:Automatic print head alignment failed.Resolution:Press the [Resume/Cancel] button on the device to clear the error.Perform the automatic print head alignment process. >>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS<<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry it doesn't work

there is no manual in the printer pack

I cant get it to align

sorry about that. What is the model number of the printer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mg7550

The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application SoftwareFollow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.Select the command that you perform printing on the application softwareIn general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)The printer driver setup window appears.NoteDepending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user's manual of your application software.Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start MenuFollow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software. Note Select items from the Start menu as shown below:If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menuThe printer driver setup window appears.Click Custom Settings on the Maintenance tabThe Custom Settings dialog box opens.Switch head alignment to manualCheck the Align heads manually check box.NoteIf the machine is off or if communication between the machine and the computer is disabled, an error message may appear because the computer cannot collect the machine status.If this happens, click OK to display the most recent settings specified on your computer.To print and check the current setting, open the Start Print Head Alignment dialog box, and clickPrint Alignment Value.Apply the settingsClick OK and when the confirmation message appears, click OK.Click Print Head Alignment on the Maintenance tabThe Start Print Head Alignment dialog box opens.Load paper in the machineLoad three sheets of A4 size or Letter size plain paper into the cassette (lower).Execute head alignmentMake sure that the machine is on and click Align Print Head.Follow the instruction in the message.Check the printed patternEnter the numbers of the patterns with the least amount of streaks in the associated boxes.Even if the patterns with the least amount of streaks are clicked in the preview window, their numbers are automatically entered in the associated boxes.When you have entered all the necessary values, click OK.NoteIf it is difficult to pick the best pattern, pick the setting that produces the least noticeable vertical streaks.(A) Least noticeable vertical streaks(B) Most noticeable vertical streaksIf it is difficult to pick the best pattern, pick the setting that produces the least noticeable horizontal streaks.(A) Least noticeable horizontal streaks(B) Most noticeable horizontal streaksConfirm the displayed message and click OKThe second pattern is printed.ImportantDo not open the ink cover while printing is in progress.Check the printed patternEnter the numbers of the patterns with the least amount of streaks in the associated boxes.Even if the patterns with the least amount of streaks are clicked in the preview window, their numbers are automatically entered in the associated boxes.When you have entered all the necessary values, click OK.NoteIf it is difficult to pick the best pattern, pick the setting that produces the least noticeable vertical streaks.(A) Least noticeable vertical streaks(B) Most noticeable vertical streaksConfirm the displayed message and click OKThe third pattern is printed.ImportantDo not open the ink cover while printing is in progress.Check the printed patternEnter the numbers of the patterns with the least noticeable horizontal stripes in the associated boxes.Even if the patterns with the least noticeable horizontal stripes are clicked in the preview window, their numbers are automatically entered in the associated boxes.When you have entered all the necessary values, click OK.NoteIf it is difficult to pick the best pattern, pick the setting that produces the least noticeable horizontal stripes.(A) Least noticeable horizontal stripes(B) Most noticeable horizontal stripesClick OK to adjust the head position.