RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have got a Cannon EOS 1-D complete with rechargeable battery

Customer Question

Hi I have got a Cannon EOS 1-D complete with rechargeable battery and charger. I cannort for the life of me get the battery to charge. I have followed the instructions in the manual but nothing seems to be happening. Please can anyone help.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Is the battery in question a new battery? If not, how long have you had it?Has it charged properly for you before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi it was my Dad's camera and was given to me when he passed away. As he was ill for some time it could have been twelve or more months since it was either used or charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I don't know I would suggest it has been more than twelve months since it has been used never mind charged.

Regards Warren

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about your Dad. Because this model has been in production sor so long (about 14 years) this battery may be far past its useful life. The battery is the most likely point of failure. A new on may completely solve the issue.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me.