Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Why does my all-in-one printer MP270 only print first page

Customer Question

Why does my all-in-one printer MP270 only print first page of a document.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?Does this issue only occur when printing a document? How about printing a web page or an email message etc.?When printing a document, does it give you the option to choose Page range, or something similar?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been happening for two to three months. It occurs when there are more than one pages on every thing, It doesn't ask for a page rang. I have windows 7.
We can do a remote support session, but at present I am very busy, but I have to print out myboarding passes for an up and coming flight.
I could be available tomorrow pm if that is possible.

Thank you. Yes, we can continue any time. Or when you are available, please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and uninstall the Canon driver / program if it's there.
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Click on Start\Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, and if you still see any Canon item there, then right-click on it and remove it for now.
  5. Download and install the printer driver at the Canon website below, and check:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp270#DriversAndSoftware
  6. Then check printing.

Whenever you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.