Steve G.
Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

How do I connect acanon eos rebel t1i/500d dslr to an asus

Customer Question

how do I connect acanon eos rebel t1i/500d dslr to an asus tablet
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Are you trying to do this to transfer image files (photos) from the camera to the Asus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Does your Asus tablet have an SD card slot? If not, what kind of connections does it have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im trying a direct connection as I can see thew shot im taking as im taking it

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure you can do that on a T1i. Did you read that somewhere? I'll have to look that one up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it does have a hdmi outlet and I thought I could transfer an image as I am taking the shot. I can transfer images at a ;later time vis the computer. but its as im taking the shot I want

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you can tether a T1i to a computer or mac using the EOS Utility. Is your Asus and Android or Windows tablet? If windows, you may be able to make it work. YOu can download it on your ASUS here. I'd give that a try first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i'll try that. I was trying for a hdmi lead so I could operate a direct connection in the field so to speak

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, well let me know if this works first.

Steve