michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Canon printer 5450s keeps coming up with fault code 5011

canon printer 5450s keeps coming up with fault code 5011
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youThe error code is a service error indicating that the unit needs service.The error indicates 2 possibilities, either their is something stuck or a sensor has faulted.Please try the below stepsfirst of all please turn off the unit....unplug the power cablenow remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholNow check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.once done turn the unit back on and checkif even after performing the above steps, the error continues,then If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through CanonIf the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.However, sensors repairs\replacement in such case is costly and it is more cost effective to opt in for a new unit.
let me know if you have any questions i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.
michelleclive, Other
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the ink jets are stuck behind am unable to move or get to them

try manually slidingif they seem to be stuck, are they stuck on the right side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes they are

if they are stuck on the right that indicates an internal mechanical jam. do not apply force as that might damage internal componentsuse a flash light and check if you are able to see below the carriage a plastic tab that is spring loadedit gets stuck at times stalling the movement of the carriage if its visible try to pull it towards yourselfif not, do not apply force
check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.once done turn the unit back on and checkif even after performing the above steps, the error continues,then If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through CanonIf the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.However, sensors repairs\replacement in such case is costly and it is more cost effective to opt in for a new unit.
let me know if you have any questions i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.