RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have purchased an upgrade Adobe Elements 14, was informed

Customer Question

I have purchased an upgrade Adobe Elements 14, was informed I needed Microsoft 10
to run it, I purchased this and downloaded the two discs that came with my camera
Eos 5 Mark 11. All this was successful until I connected the camera using USB link, which I have always previously done before, now the computer informs me that the camera
and the computer are not compatible. I have holiday pictures that I am unable to view.
I am a senior citizen and purchasing a new camera is not an option. please can you help solve this? Norman Cozens
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Because the OS Windows 10 upgrade is brand new, no one has figured out a fix yet for it's inability to connect to anything other than the most basic stuff, therefor, the fastest an easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do is get an inexpensive USB memory card reader (There may be one on your computer). You can take your memory card from the camera and plug it into the computer. The card will show up as a removable drive in "This PC" and you can copy the photo files to a folder on your hard drive and view and transfer them from the card into any compatible camera software. Personally, I prefer this method due to the simplicity and reduced wear and tear on the camera. It is my experience that with the level of cooperation between them, it will take weeks for camera companies (Canon included) and Microsoft come up with any reasonable solutions for direct USB camera to computer connectivity. Please refer to the link below for card readers: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=516872 If you require additional information, please use the Reply to EXPERT to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has at least provided a usable alternative, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you