RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Fujifilm F40fd Since my system switched to windows 10 I

Customer Question

Fujifilm F40fd
Since my system switched to windows 10 I have been unable to import photos from my camera. What do I need to do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
What exactly happens when you try to import photos? What error do you receive?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks as though the pictures are being imported then a message comes up saying there are no pictures on the device even though there are.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Take a new photo, and then repeat the process.
Does it then import this photo?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I've tried that and got the same message, i.e no pictures can be found
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, with the camera connected, press the windows key + E
In the new window that opens, click on This PC
Tell me what is listed under this please
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, this seems to be expensive, everything operated fine until Windows 10. I have just paid you £20.00 now it is another £28 for something which should be simple. I am nearly 80 and find all this expense a bit much for something which should be easy
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is optional as I mentioned, else we continue here, this is no problem
But then can you please perform the last instructions I gave and Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ok with + E but which is the Windows key
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is the key with the windows logo on it, the one to the left of Alt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all you said, same result.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I dont think you read the instructions I asked you to do as your actually meant to tell me information...
I will repeat the instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continuing on from The 27th when I clicked on to this PC the details on that page were :-
Desktop downloads pictures documents videos below that Devices& Drivers[3] FinePix F40fd DVD RW Drive local Disk Network Locations .
Does that help?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now click on Finepix there in the list and it will then list all photos on the camera (you may need to open an additional folder if one is displayed when clicking it).
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ha ve opened fine pix and it does not give me a list of pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, so that we are both understanding what I am trying to achieve. Until Windows 10 I downloaded my camera easily, since Windows 10 it will not accept that there are photos on the camera, when I know full well that there are. What I need is for you to tell me why and how to rectify this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am aware you want this rectified..... hence why we have been doing this.
what was listed when you clicked on Fine Pix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said - nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out of working with you further.
You do not need to do anything, when another expert takes over your case you will be notified.
Thanks and all the best.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Because the OS Windows 10 upgrade is brand new, no one has figured out a fix yet for it's inability to connect to anything other than the most basic stuff, therefor, the fastest an easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do is get an inexpensive USB memory card reader like one, at the link below. http://www.amazon.com/b?node=516872 You can take your memory card from the camera and plug it into the computer. The card will show up as a removable drive in & "This PC" and you can copy the photo files to a folder on your hard drive and view and transfer them from the card into any compatible camera software. Personally, I prefer this method due to the simplicity and reduced wear and tear on the camera. It is my experience that with the level of cooperation between them, it will take weeks for camera companies (Fujifilm included) and Microsoft come up with any reasonable solutions for direct camera to computer connectivity for other cameras.According to the list at the Fujifilm link your model camera will not be compatible with Windows 8 or 10 as far as connectivity by USB cable is concerned because they apparently are not looking for a solution for the Fujifilm F40fd . http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/win/#f If you require additional information, please use the Reply to EXPERT to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has at least provided a usable alternative, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you