Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have an Olympus D750 digital camera. It will not respond

I have an Olympus D750 digital camera. It will not respond to the on/off button. The battery is fully charged. I have tried changing the memory card-no response.
Any clues?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Put the battery back in, and then try to turn on the Camera.
Tell me please if it then starts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Red light came on then went out.

Checked battery again,now fully discharged.

Replaced battery and put camera on charge, red light came on for a few seconds,flashed and went out.Nothing happening now, no appearance of the battery charging symbol that usually appears on screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
Points to either a faulty battery or the mainboard in the camera has faulted.
You only can confirm by trying a new battery
You can get a replacement battery from here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/vintrons-Replacement-Battery-OLYMPUS-LS-100/dp/B013KOIFIQ
Then charge it and see if the camera then comes on, if not then you know the mainboard has faulted.
In this event unless it is under warranty, you would need to replace the camera sorry as the cost of repair would exceed the value of the camera.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.