Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Just upgraded successfully to Windows 10 Home 64bit in a Toshiba

Just upgraded successfully to Windows 10 Home 64bit in a Toshiba Qosmio X70-A-12W.
Have latest Finepix Studio for my Finepix S200EXR. Have to remove SDHC card to laptop card-reader to extract and download pictures. However I cannot extract pictures from camera's internal memory. The computer 'sees' the camera okay and reads the available capacity, but no pictures. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10, other than use my old XP laptop?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. So you remove the SDHC memory card from the camera, then you connect the camera to the Windows XP computer, and you open Windows Explorer, then open the camera device icon, then you see the DCIM folder and transfer pictures right? But if you do that on the Windows 10 computer, it does not see the DCIM folder right?Also since the camera's internal memory size is very small, is there a reason you don't always take pictures with the SDHC memory card?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, sorry I've not replied sooner. Been away.

Your first paragraph is correct.

Re the second question. No, I normally always have the card in the camera normally, but the camera memory can still hold some pictures.

Just to test again, I deleted the pictures in the camera after removing the card from it. With the card still out, I took a couple of shots of my cats.

These were not 'seen' by the Windows 10 laptop, but they were by the XP.

I put the card back in and took another twenty shots, all hi res'.

Plugging the camera into the Windows 10 laptop did not help me download them as the DCIM folder was not there it seems. Taking the card out and putting it the laptop card slot allowed me to see and download all the card pictures. However, I had to attach the camera to the XP machine to get the few pictures left in the camera's own small memory to download. Not a serious problem but a bit of a nuisance anyway. Thanks for your reply btw.

Some older devices are not compatible with the new Windows version 10. There's another way: you can use the option "INTERNAL MEMORY -> CARD" in the camera to transfer photos from the camera's internal memory to the memory card. Please see page 90 in the camera's manual at the website below:
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/s/finepix_s200exr_manual_01.pdf
Please let know if you have any further question. Thank you.