Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

ITS REGARDING MY CANON PRINTER. PRINTER STATUS - ERROR.

Customer Question

ITS REGARDING MY CANON PRINTER. PRINTER STATUS - ERROR. HELP

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Has the problem happened before?How old is your printer?What sort of computer is it printing from? (Window PC, or Apple, etc.)And, is it on a USB cable or on a networked connection of some sort (whether wired or wireless) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a Canon MG3150 printer (freestanding) its not happened before. the printer is 3 years old. Its printing from my laptop ASUS

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I presume that is a Windows laptop then. To go to the printer's driver settings:Control PanelthenDevices and Printersthen locate the icon for your MG3150 printer. Click on its icon using the Right-hand button, and from the menu that appear, select Properties.That's the driver settings for your printer. Make sure that other sizes than 8 1/2 x 11 inches are not selected - for instance, anywhere it says 'A4' or the like, change it to 'Letter' (a common abbreviation for 8 1/2 by 11 inch size paper is 'Letter'), and look at any setting that says 'Auto' especially if it is for Paper Size or Paper Source.Once all settings in Properties have been set correctly, click on OK until all of the Properties sheet(s) close.Then try printing.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I regret that I may have given you someone else's problem's answer. I apologize! Turn it Off by unplugging it from the power.Then open it and check whether the interior is dirty or dusty, whether there are any loose part or an open hatch interfering with the workings, etc.Then leave it unplugged for at least 1 hour.Only after that interval, plug it in, and see if the error is cleared.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did not work. am unsubscribing