Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Olympus X-44 when I take a photo it comes up on the screen

Olympus X-44 when I take a photo it comes up on the screen with horizontal white lines across the screen and also very orange
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Is there any way you can send me an image of what is happening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Freddy, call me Chris.I have tranfered the photo to my computer and attached it to this letter.It appears not to show the lines which are black going across the photo.but the actual photo is very poor as you can see.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The photo looks very out of focus, do they all look this way if you transfer them to the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again yes is the answer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Chris, have you tried cleaning the lens yet? Specifically around it. Dust can cause lots of problems with the lens. It can cause the poor quality, usually not the lines but that seems like a screen issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just cleaned the lens made no difference to photo
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
How did you clean it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with a lens cleaner it must be a fault with the screen
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned the screen would cause the lines but should not affect actual picture quality. I also meant cleaning around the edges of the lens with something like canned air duster.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry hav't got canned air duster.Are you stumped?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No, we would need to try that before we can continue. Most computer and electronics shops carry canned air for about €2. It is sometimes called something like electronics duster instead as well.If the same thing happens it can unfortunately mean you have a failing lens assembly or a failing board. More likely to be the board however since you have the screen issue as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that cost a lot of money to renew?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That depends on the age of the camera and whether or not you have an extended warranty. Is it under a year old or do you still have a warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The camera is about 4 years old so it sounds like a new camera to me.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately if you do not have a warranty, it is usually cheaper to replace the camera than to replace the part. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Olympus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks bye
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Olympus.