Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My Canon MG4150 printer is displaying - 'Ink absorber almost

My Canon MG4150 printer is displaying - 'Ink absorber almost full'
Can I deal with this myself, or must my printer be returned to a Canon dealer to
deal with it. If OK for me, please advise location of absorber, and method of
cancelling this problem.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Generally speaking, what that message means is, a certain number of prints have been done by the printer. And that makes the printer guess or presume, that the absorber pads for waste ink have gotten near to filling up with waste ink, and will need removing and replacing (and possibly, the tubing of the ink system also.) Generally, you could return this printer to Canon for the problem. But they would charge a lot for the fix.Or you could - if a replacement ink absorber kit is available for this model from Canon or some other vendor - disassemble the printer enough to remove the old absorber pads (which are deep inside the printer, kind of at or near the bottom level of the machine) and put in the new absorber pad kit. And then you would have to reassemble the printer quite adequately so that it would work again. Which would be some expense, an a lot of work. Possibly without a detailed guide as to disassembly and reassembly.And then you would have to reset the code or error condition, so the printer would continue working again. I don't know which alternative would be better for you, or which you would prefer.But there is an obvious third alternative: use the reset code without replacing the ink absorbers. If you do this, you are taking the risk that either the waste ink may overflow by and by, and stain something below the printer irrevocably... or, that the ink system will back up and clog up and even more expensive repairs would be needed.I don't advise this. But, to keep the printer working for another week or so, it might be workable.