Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

We have a Canon MG5150 printer. We have full ink cartridges

We have a Canon MG5150 printer. We have full ink cartridges but the colour printing is very poor e.g. green is printing as orange. It is as if the ink is running out but we have all full ink cartridges. Can you advise please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want you to clean the print head please
Make sure that the power is turned on.
Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the Cassette.
Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
Select Setup on the HOME screen.
The Setup menu screen will appear.
Select Maintenance , and press the OK button.
Select Deep cleaning, and press the OK button.
Complete this and when it has tell me if it is now printing correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that worked, we probably should have guessed to do that ourselves, we clean regularly but thought this was a different problem, thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, it just needed a good clean
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
We did the deep clean once and everything was okay for 1 sheet of printing but now we are back to all colours printing as orange / pink. We did a 2nd deep clean now and there is no improvement this time. Any advice would be appreciated. Nuala
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** why you did not rate me...
With power on, open the top cover and wait for the head to come to the center, after removing the inks, lift the gray handle on the left side and lift out the printhead. The top leans toward you first, just lift it out
Then put it in soapy hot water for 1 hour giving it a good clean and letting it soak.
Then take it out, dry it completely and then then put it back in the printer and tell me if it now prints correctly.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
I've cleaned the printhaed as suggested without any change, still printing in pink / orange tones as if ink was running out. I'm also a bit concerned as someone told me this morning I might have destroyed the electronics in the printhaed by soaking it. Amy suggestions would eb appreciated. Nuala
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, thats not possible, but the print head is faulty anyway, this is why you still get the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard we'll leave it at that so. Nuala