nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Canon Pixma MP280 and it has shown that there is a

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MP280 and it has shown that there is a problem .It is showing the code E4 . What can I do about it ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Error E04 occurs when the printer is unable to recognize the cartridges. This error also occurs if refilled cartridges are being used. Your Canon printer has a series of golden color contacts on the front of the cartridge as the only point of contact with the cartridge. If dust is present on these contacts, this also causes the error.To remove this error E04, follow these steps:Remove the cartridge from the printer.Switch the printer off using buttons on the body of the printer. DO NOT turn it off at the plug.Double check the label of the cartridge to ensure the correct cartridge is being installed for your printer.Wipe down the contacts on the front of the cartridge using a piece of kitchen tissue or another not fibrous tissue.Press the power button of the printer to turn it back on.Reinstall the cartridge, ensuring the cartridge is returned to the correct black/color section of the cradle.PS: Check the attached image.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY if the problem is resolved so that I can receive my payments. Thanks
You have not replied since 2 days, so this question will get timed out. If you have any query then reply with your response else rate the chat so that I can get my due payments. Thanks