Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR. Took some photos yesterday, I can

Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR. Took some photos yesterday, I can display them no problem. Plugged in to my computer, usually it says something like 20 pictures to download, do you want to give this file a name, do that and the photos download, job done. What I am getting is a message saying no photos in the camera to download. I checked that I am trying to download from the correct camera. It is then saying make sure your camera is "unlocked". I looked up "unlocked" and that said make sure the card was unlocked. I checked that and it was unlocked, so I am stuck. The only thing I can think of is that my computer man has "upgraded" me to windows 10 from XP, but how I get around that I do not know. Only a silver surfer, so can you do "simple" for me please. Thank you.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. After connecting the camera to the compute and pressing the Play button on the camera, then click on Start, then click on File Explorer, then click on This PC on the left, then do you see the camera device there? If yes, can you open it, then open the DCIM folder, and any subfolder, then do you see your pictures there?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connect the camera to the computer. I switch on. The camera displays USB in the viewing frame. Immediately the computer programme comes up that normally downloads the photos and says (without me doing anything else) "No new photos to download" PS Sorry about delay in replying - e mail out of action.
Thank you. Please try this: After turning on the camera and inserting the camera to the computer, click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on File Explorer, then click on This PC on the left, then open the camera device there, then open the folder DCIM, then open any sub-folder there, then you can view pictures there and transfer pictures to the computer- And/or please try this solution: Click on the website below:http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/download.html, then there, click on Begin Download to download and install the file MFPS_Setup..., then open the program MyFinePix Studio and use it to transfer / import pictures from camera to computer.Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your advice. I tried the first solution. Opened the folder DCIM - the message said "folder empty". Then I tried the website and downloaded the Fine Pix Studio program, which looks ideal, but when I tried to import from the camera nothing happened. All my other photos that I stored on the computer have been picked up by the program but not the camera files. I tried unconnecting and reconnecting the c amera but to no avail.
You're welcome.- Can you disconnect the camera from the computer, and see if there is any picture when viewing on the camera's screen?- If yes, after turning on the camera and inserting the camera to the computer, click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on File Explorer, then click on This PC on the left, then there, besides the camera device, do you see any new drive letter (except the C: drive or the cd/dvd drive, etc.)? If yes, can you open it, then open the DCIM and any subfolder and see if the pictures are there?- If there is a memory card slot on the computer, then take out the memory card from the camera, then insert the memory card to the memory card slot on the computer, and check.- If all fails, maybe it's a glitch, can you take a couple of pictures, and check?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the photos I took. I followed your instructions, but there is no letter beside the device driver other than "C" and the DVD one. Unfortunately there is no memory slot on the computer. I took some new photos but once again the software comes up with the same answer when I tried to download them. "No new pictures to download".
When you turn on the camera, and plug the camera to the computer, does the computer make a sound?And does the camera's screen show anything different when plugging it to the computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does make a sound, "Bum la da bum". Yes it changes to a predominately white screen with a black horizontal line at the top, with a "fork" like sign followed by USB.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot digital cameras.
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ab26d199-8032-47de-ba8b-f13a0de5d371, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Thank you for the remote support session. Per our conversation, please get a USB memory card reader from your local computer / electronics / office store, then plug the memory card reader to the computer, then make sure the camera is powered off and not connected to the computer, then take out the memory card from the camera, then insert it to the reader, then it should let you transfer pictures from the memory card to the computer. If there is any issue, please let me know any time. Thank you.