Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My printer MX455 has suddenly stopped feeding paper. At first

Customer Question

My printer MX455 has suddenly stopped feeding paper. At first there was a paper jam, which I cleared, then it jammed again, several times. I cleared it each time. But the it kept failing to feed the paper, and displayed the instruction to load paper - as though there was no paper in the feeder.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you make sure that no foreign objects have dropped into the feeder.
Take the paper out and check inside completely and tell me if you see anything inside (eg: Pencil, pen or similar)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see any sign of a foreign object.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, wipe the rollers as best as you can with a damp cloth. Then let it dry (takes about 10 minutes) then put paper in and tell me if it now feeds through correctly.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change - the top sheet of paper goes in about an inch then stops, and the same old message to load paper comes up. Mind you, I didn't know what you meant by the rollers, or how to get at them. I wiped what looked like a row of about 20 objects which looked as though they could rollers, although they didn't turn at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you wiped everything you could see you would have.
To be sure there is no issue with the paper, have you tried other paper to see if this feeds through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just tried a different paper - no change.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal loader that has faulted. Either the gearing or the drive motor. We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Damn! But not your fault. I rate your effort highly - your replies have been prompt and helpful, even if they didn't solve the problem in the end.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can fix everything except when a part needs to be replaced of course.But it was a pleasure working with you. If you need anything else let me knowAnd if you can please click one of the stars at the top then submit that would be appreciated so I am creditedThank youRichard