Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have stupidly pressed 'Erase All' option while editing pics

I have stupidly pressed 'Erase All' option while editing pics and lost a whole holidays pictures from my FinePix S9900W.
Any way to recover?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Does your computer have a SD card reader on it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, put the SD card into the computer.
Then download the free program Recuva from my link below
http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva
Click on download latest version, top right
Once installed, run it and perform a scan on the card.
If there is any chance to recovery the photos, this will recover it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried download as above- Pop up appears 'Create File Failed Code 5 Access Denied'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its the security on your computer.
On which step did you get the error?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already clicked OK when asked if I wish to allow this download-does this not allow download?
Concerned about remote control
Can we continue?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is an optional service (else we continue here), else download and install the program in accordance with my instructions please or specifically tell me on which step you get stuck please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Managed to download program which recovered 200+ images with 'No Preview Available'
Having recovered and downloaded these images, they all turned out to be the same picture!
Not impressed!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is all it could recover, it was fragments of the same photo so it had to piece it together.
If this is all that was able to be recovered then you will not get any additional photos from it sorry, the data has already been overwritten.
I am sorry you are not impressed with me, but this is the best tool that is free (paid tools do the exact same thing) and provided you the best chance for recovery, nothing more could be done then this.
It is a pity you feel this way, but If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.