Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I am having problem re-installing a driver Canon MG2450

Customer Question

I am having problem re-installing a driver for my Canon MG2450 for Mac Book Air operating on OS X Yosemite model 10.10.5
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?Is there any error or message when installing the driver?Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?Was this printer working fine previously on Mac OS X version Yosemite 10.10.5?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is working both from the glass and the computer but the scanner is not.
There was no error or message when I installed the Driver(3 times)
When I try to use the scanner I receive a message telling me to check that the USB cable is connected and printer turned on which it is.
The printer was printing and scanning after I downloaded the OS X version of Yosemite some 3 months ago.
Thank you. Have you tried to use both the application Image Capture and IJ Scan Utility to scan and see if any of them work? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither Image Capture or IJ Scan work. Should I replace the printer?
Please try:Disconnect printer's USB cable from computer for now.Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.Right-click (or hold down the Control key as you click) on the Canon printer, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears, and confirm yes...After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.Make sure printer is powered on.Re-connect USB cable from printer to computer.Wait a bit and see if it adds back the printer automatically. If no, click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then it should detect your printer, then add it.Check printing.Check scanning with both Image Capture and IJ Scan Utility.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.