Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MG5300 printer. It has suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Canon Pixma MG5300 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing. It is connected wirelessly and all ink jet cartridges are full. When I send something to the printer, it starts to work as if it is printing but a bank page comes out.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you using a windows or mac computer and which version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OS X E1Capitan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, its El Capitan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you power off your wifi router, printer and computer.
Then wait 5 minutes.
Power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes
Power on the printer and then power on the computer and tell me please if you can now print.
Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive already done that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer network is connected and the printer goes through the motions when I send a photo but the paper comes out blank
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you listed
Already Tried:
Changing the photo cartridge.
Can you tell me please exactly what you have already tried if you have also done exactly as I just listed please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed the photo ink jet cartridge as it was low and re-started everything. It appears to be since I changed the inkjet cartridge.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want to rule out a faulty cartridge, can you put the original one back in and tell me if you still have the issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that but its still producing a blank page
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now restart the computer with the old cartridge in please and try to print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another computer available there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to the apple menu in the top left and click on System Preferences, the printers and click on your printer and click the - to remove it from the Mac.
Once done, restart the Mac and install the printer like when you first received it.
Once installed, try to print to it and tell me please if it now prints correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its still the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the print head that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating.